Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Don't look now, Ethel: this blog's rated NC-17?!

Well, this is complete and utter shite. Tut, tut, tut...bad blogger.

Hell, I know that my occasional use of 'colourful' language may offend some sensibilities. So I can't say that I expected a "G" rating from the folks at "What's my Blog Rating?"

But this is fucking ridiculous: my blog garnered a NC-17 for being too...um...gay?!

Online Dating
This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:

* gay (6x)
* shit (3x)
* queer (2x)
* dead (1x)
Excuse me? WTF? In what universe are the words "Gay" and "Queer" considered profane?

Fuck y'all at mingle2.com. You and your little dog, Toto, too.

Oh, yeah...I forgot: you guys don't know any Friends of Dorothy, where you live.

It's still Pride Month, people! Jeebus!
h/t Impolitical for the evil Blog Rater thingie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

typical lefty evil doer. ;)

6/27/2007 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I write "gay,"of course, whenever I write about gay rights issues yet it didn't pick them up in their strange count...and it seems to me I must have cursed, here and there. Yet somehow I remain in the PG-13 category. The evil rater thing seems to look the other way for me, apparently...:)

6/27/2007 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmn. We got a G for General Audiences. Gee: I wonder what we're doing wrong.

The only "language" cited was one use -- count it: one -- of the word "hell."

WTF? Me and all those foul-mouthed men? And that's the best we can do? I feel so inadequate.

6/27/2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Congratulations! :D Keep up the good work!

6/29/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

And... you're tagged!
http://unrepentantoldhippie.blogspot.com/2007/06/tagged-ellroon-at-rants-from-rookery.html

6/29/2007 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not happy with the rating of your LGBT-oriented blog? Head over IQN and give your response - Does 'Blog Rater' carry built-in anti-gay bias?

6/30/2007 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home