Monday, March 12, 2007

****Kevin's coming home! ****

This is fantastic news!!!

"Family detained in U.S. granted permit to enter Canada"
An Iranian couple and their nine-year-old Canadian son who have been held in a Texas detention centre have been given temporary residency permits to enter Canada.

A spokesman for Immigration and Citizenship Minister Diane Finley said Monday the minister granted the permit because it was in the best interest of the boy.
Please stop by Annamarie's site to thank her & liberal catnip and all of the others who wrote to their MPs, Peter Mackay & Diane Finley!

8 Comments:

Blogger catnip said...

This sure is great news! What a relief. I thought this was going to go on for a long time. Thankfully, for the family, there's some light at the end of the tunnel now.

3/12/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I already sent her an e-mail. Nicely done all of you.

3/12/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Annamarie said...

Thank you lc!

warmest regards,
Annamarie :)

3/12/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Annamarie said...

P.S. and thanks Mike!

3/12/2007 11:03 PM  
Blogger Annamarie said...

And thank you too, GDK for your help! Thanks to everyone who helped unquestioningly, tirelessly. Your letter and blog posts made a difference!

Much appreciated! I'll keep everyone updated once the family is back here, to make sure they don't slip through the cracks again.

warmest regards,
Annamarie :)

3/12/2007 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm *so* relieved at this news! Annamarie and catnip are tremendously inspiring bloggers--thank you both for keeping this on everyone's 'frontburner' and for drawing my attention to Kevin's situation. I will keep my eyes peeled for updates on their resettlement and progress. Best regards--GDK

3/13/2007 12:31 AM  
Blogger JimBobby said...

Whooee! My hat's off t' Annamarie an' to all the decent humans who went t' bat fer the little feller. I'm callin' this one a victory fer the Canajun boogeysphere.

JimBobby

3/13/2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jayney said...

GDK, thanks for putting me on your blogroll and for putting yours and several other progressive sites on my radar...I foresee many hours of procrastination ahead :D

3/26/2007 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home